Amazon Prime Day is among the most-awaited sales events by shoppers, not only in the US, but all around the globe. In terms of the enormity of discounts and the number of deals, it’s up there with Black Friday, Cyber Monday, and of course, the year-end holiday sales.
For avid shoppers, the arrival of Amazon’s very own sales holiday means it’s their chance to grab unique finds on the Amazon website at bargain prices.
When is Amazon Prime Day 2020?
Historically, Amazon Prime Day has always been held in July – with the official date often being released on mid-June. However, with the current global situation caused by the COVID-19 pandemic, Amazon has reportedly moved the Amazon Prime Day event to autumn season in the US (late September). This is corroborated by a report made by Wall Street Journal.
While the final date is still unclear, you can expect that this Prime Day 2020 will be Amazon’s biggest sale yet. Each year, the sales go on longer – from the initial 24 hours on its first run in 2015, it ran for a record-breaking 48 hours last year. And it’s not just the duration – the deals are said to be bigger than ever this year!
What can I buy during Amazon Prime Day?
Amazon has millions of sellers globally, and many of them usually offer big discounts on their products during the Prime Day sales. Since the items are widely varied, you can virtually buy anything under the sun! From fashion and electronics to home decor and fitness gear, there’s millions of items to choose from!
During Prime Day 2019, Amazon’s own line of products took the spotlight (a trend we also saw in the years prior). Shoppers made sure to grab the deals on the Amazon Echo Dot, Fire TV Stick with Alexa Voice Remote, and Fire TV Stick 4K with Alexa Voice Remote – the three top-selling items of last year.
Furthermore, those who will shop on the Amazon US website will have the best advantage. Aside from getting access to the full range of products, customers can also enjoy the best possible prices – ensuring them the most savings.
If you want to know how it’s possible to shop cross-border from Amazon and other US websites even when you’re not from the US, this blog is extremely helpful.
Amazon Prime Day 2020 may be months away, but it’s never too early to gather information to be prepared for the sales.
Here’s how you can make the most out of Amazon Prime Day:
As its name suggests, Amazon Prime Day is an exclusive sale for Amazon Prime members. So if you’re not one yet or don’t even have an Amazon U.S. account, it’s easy to sign up. To view all the Prime Day deals and Amazon products, and to maximize your Prime benefits such as free unlimited two-day shipping, you need to sign up with a U.S. address.
Luckily, comGateway offers a free U.S. address where you can send your Amazon Prime Day purchases, which will then be forwarded for international shipping to you. You’ll save much more on shipping fees using our service compared to shipping internationally with Amazon!
Follow these steps to maximize your Prime Day savings:
1. Register for a comGateway account. Take note of the U.S. address which will be given to you.
2. Sign up for an Amazon U.S. account and input your free U.S. address as your delivery address. If you already have an Amazon U.S. account but with an international address, add your comGateway U.S. address to your address list, and select it as the default.
3. Sign up for a free 30-day Prime trial. After your trial ends, you will be charged $12.99 a month or $119 a year if you do not discontinue your subscription.
4. Download the Amazon app. Use it to get a sneak peek of the Prime Day deals before they go live. You can even put items on your watchlist and be alerted once they go on sale.
Want more tips for Prime Day?
Aside from having a comGateway account and Prime membership, you can also do the following to get ready for the big sale:
1. Make a list. Once Amazon releases its deals catalog, choose the products you want to buy and add them to your list on your Amazon account. That way, you won’t be distracted with other deals and end up going beyond your budget.
2. Do a price watch. Not sure if you’re getting a good deal? Monitor product prices through a price-tracking website like Camelcamelcamel before deciding to buy.
3. Rely on comGateway’s curated deals. We always highlight the best deals you can buy during the sale. Don’t forget to visit our sales page to know the best deals and coupon codes you can use for additional savings!
Get ready for Amazon Prime Day 2020! Sign up for a comGateway account and be prepared to shop the huge sales! Our services will make it more affordable and convenient for you to ship your Amazon packages home.