To our dear customers, comGateway remains business as usual to serve your international shipping needs from the U.S.
All announcements regarding the global health concern for COVID-19 as it relates to our operations will be detailed in this blog. We will update it with new announcements about our operations to keep everyone informed. Thank you and remember to stay safe and healthy!
1 May 2021
As the virus is unlikely to spread from domestic or international mail and deliveries, comGateway will no longer be holding your packages for 24 hours. Please expect all incoming packages to be processed and assigned to your account within one (1) business day. Rest assured all health standards and sanitary procedures are still observed. Sources: CDC | WHO
15 April 2020
The Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA), an agency of the US Department of Homeland Security, has imposed certain export restrictions on medical equipment in light of the COVID-19 situation. FEMA issued a temporary rule to allocate these materials for domestic use because of limited supply. Thus, they are not allowed to be exported from the United States until 10 August 2020. The list of restricted items is subject to change as supply becomes scarce. As of writing, the following items are restricted from international exportation:
1. N95 respirators and other filtering masks
2. PPE surgical masks, including masks that cover the user’s nose and mouth and provide a physical barrier to fluids and particulate material
3. PPE gloves or surgical gloves
1 April 2020
comGateway and its logistics partners, DHL and FedEx, continue to operate within and serve COVID-19 impacted regions. To ensure operational continuity and maintain high quality of service from us and our partners, we want to inform you that starting 02 April 2020, we will impose a 7% Crisis Delivery Surcharge to all international shipments on top of the fuel surcharge. This surcharge is temporary and will be lifted as soon as the global situation improves.
24 March 2020
Governor Kate Brown of Oregon issued a mandatory “shelter in place” order for all residents. This mandate requires residents to stay in their homes for at least two weeks. This affects all businesses but as we are deemed an essential service, our US Warehouse is still allowed to operate with special arrangements that uphold the mandate.
19 March 2020
We want to advise everyone that comGateway remains “business as usual” and is working hard to deliver your packages. Due to the current global situation of Covid-19, you may experience delays, so we would like to request your patience and understanding on this matter.
Rest assured that comGateway and our partners are committed to bringing you the best US online shopping experience as we apply necessary measures to ensure the safety of our team amid these trying times.
Is comGateway still open for business and able to ship?
– Yes, comGateway remains business as usual to ship your US shopping internationally.
Can I still shop online? Are retailers still fulfilling and shipping orders?
– US online stores are still accepting orders and shipping them to our warehouse. But to be sure, you can visit the website or social media page of the online store you are planning to shop from.
Is it safe to receive packages and the items shipped inside?
– According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the virus is “unlikely to be spread from domestic or international mail, products, or packaging.” However, it is still necessary to observe proper handwashing hygiene to further minimize the risk.
My country has a travel ban or closed borders. Can I still ship and receive packages?
– Unfortunately, we will not be able to serve countries with closed borders in the meantime. Hopefully, after lockdown impositions have relaxed or been lifted, we can resume shipping your packages to your country.
Should I expect delays in shipping or package delivery times?
– With the current regulations in place, delivery times have been restored to 3-8 business days and there will no longer be a 24-hour hold for packages.
Will you increase shipping charges due to COVID-19?
– For comGateway to ensure its operational continuity as well as its logistics partners DHL, and FedEx, we are temporarily imposing a Crisis Delivery Surcharge to all shipments.