To our dear customers, we remain business as usual to serve your international shipping needs from the U.S.
All announcements regarding the Global Health Concern for COVID-19 as it relates to comGateway’s operation will be detailed here. We will update everyone with our status as this continues. Thank you for your understanding and remember to stay safe and indoors!
15 April 2020
The Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA), an agency of the US Department of Homeland Security, has imposed certain export restrictions on medical equipment in light of the COVID-19 situation. FEMA issued a temporary rule to allocate these materials for domestic use because of limited supply. Thus, they are not allowed to be exported from the United States until 10 August 2020. The list of restricted items is subject to change as supply becomes scarce. As of writing, the following items are restricted from international exportation:
1. N95 respirators and other filtering masks
2. PPE surgical masks, including masks that cover the user’s nose and mouth and provide a physical barrier to fluids and particulate material
3. PPE gloves or surgical gloves
01 April 2020
comGateway and its logistics partners, DHL and FedEx, continue to operate within and serve COVID-19 impacted regions. To ensure operational continuity and maintain high quality of service from us and our partners, we want to inform you that starting 02 April 2020, we will impose a 7% Crisis Delivery Surcharge to all international shipments on top of the fuel surcharge. This surcharge is temporary and will be lifted as soon as the global situation improves.
24 March 2020
Governor Kate Brown of Oregon issued a mandatory “shelter in place” order for all residents. This mandate requires residents to stay in their homes for at least two weeks. This affects all businesses but as we are deemed an essential service, our US Warehouse is still allowed to operate with special arrangements that uphold the mandate.
For the safety of our skeletal workforce and for our customers as well, comGateway will hold all received packages for 24 hours. This is to ensure added safety against the possible spread of the virus on cardboard surfaces. We will set aside incoming packages for 24 hours before they are processed and matched to users. This will delay the package assignment process to customers’ accounts by 1-2 business days.
19 March 2020
We want to advise everyone that comGateway remains “business as usual” and is working hard to deliver your packages. Due to the current global situation of CoViD-19, you may experience delays, so we would like to request your patience and understanding on this matter.
Rest assured that comGateway and our partners are committed to bringing you the best US online shopping experience as we apply necessary measures to ensure the safety of our team amid these trying times.
Is comGateway still open for business and able to ship?
– Yes, comGateway remains business as usual to ship your US shopping internationally.
Can I still shop online? Are retailers still fulfilling and shipping orders?
– US online stores are still accepting orders and shipping them to our warehouse. But to be sure, you can visit the website or social media page of the online store you are planning to shop from.
Is it safe to receive packages and the items shipped inside?
– According to the World Health Organization (WHO), it’s safe to receive packages since the “risk of catching the virus that causes COVID-19 from a package that has been moved, traveled, and exposed to different conditions and temperature is also low.”
Nevertheless, comGateway is taking extra measures to ensure the safety of its staff and customers. We make sure to set them aside for 24 hours before processing and matching them to users.
My country has a travel ban or closed borders. Can I still ship and receive packages?
– Unfortunately, we will not be able to serve countries with closed borders in the meantime. Hopefully, after lockdown impositions have relaxed or been lifted, we can resume shipping your packages to your country.
Should I expect delays in shipping or package delivery times?
– As we are observing our protocol to withhold all incoming packages for a 24-hour period, please expect the package assignment process to take an additional 1-2 business days.
Will you increase shipping charges due to COVID-19?
– For comGateway to ensure its operational continuity as well as its logistics partners DHL, and FedEx, we are temporarily imposing a Crisis Delivery Surcharge to all shipments.